View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #6
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
i disagree, id go for spiller over mendenhall.

Mendenhall did squat last year as a starter and then IRd in week 14 or something. Useless. Spiller has balled out everytime he has gotten the ball.
Spiller is the hope for greatness pick, but Mendenhall's '11 season was comparable to his '09 season from a fantasy value standpoint, and he had a better YPC than in '10 when he was fed carries that drove his numbers up.

He's unlikely to give you the shot at elite level production that Spill has a chance to give, but he's got a better floor. Spiller has never been a full time back, is now in a 50/50 timeshare with Fred Jackson who has previously been the workhorse in Buffalo, only giving Spiller an opening thanks to injury. Jackson likely sees the bulk of red zone carries.

If he already had Fred Jackson then a Spiller/Jackson tandem makes a lot of sense, using either one as the flex and being insured against injury to either one. But as a straight up RB I'd prefer Mendenhall because, as noted above, he isn't likely to get goal line vultured by another RB and he's already past his bye. At this point the season only has 10 games left, a guy who's already passed his bye week inherently has 10% more value. I don't think Spiller is a great bet to out-score Mendenhall by >10% the rest of the way, assuming health across the board.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote