View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #111
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Bill Simmons is a Bronco-hating hack who clearly knows nothing about football.

I think?
I think its fair to go back and look at what he said after the Houston game...

SG: That's definitely Eddie Money. As for Peyton I have to be honest, I don't understand the respect that people are giving Denver at all. Manning's arm looks dreadful. Really bad. Like seeing a formerly great pitcher in the last year of his career when he's throwing junk and relying on pinpoint location, with no room for error whatsoever. I just don't see how this gets better. They have a terrible running game and a noodle-armed QB. They fell behind by 20 points in Week 2 and Week 3. What am I missing? And who would you wager on if I offered you the line, "Total Number of 2012 Peyton Manning Starts (-2) Total Number of 2012 Michael Vick Starts?"

Clearly hating.

Now this week...

SG: I can't pick the Broncos violently enough. You're preaching to the choir. And for the record, Denver follows this game with a bye week, then hosts New Orleans, goes to Cincy and Carolina, hosts San Diego, goes to Kansas City, hosts Tampa and plays Oakland on Thursday night. Could we really see Mr. Noodle taking a 9-3 record into that Oakland game? Absolutely! Pass me the grated cheese and the red pepper: We're riding Peyton's linguini arm these next few weeks. Starting with Monday night. Thank you, gambling gods, for making Peyton Manning an underdog to Norv Turner on a Monday night in my lifetime. You're too kind.

Seems far fetched for Peyton and the Broncos to accomplish this since according to Simmons in week 4 - theres no way Peyton doesnt get hurt and theres no way this "formally great pitcher in his last season" could do squat and theres no way are running backs do anything since we have a "terrible" running game. Simmons is backtracking. This is clearly an instance where a writer deserves to be blistered by a fan base. **** him.