View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #120
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
He absolutely is. He's a great player that's pretty maximized in what he does.

My issue is with the coaches and the FO. Rushing Von all the time puts a lot of stress on the other LBs... especially in coverage situations. But here's my main issue with it:

How do you put the following in positions to succeed and stop plays over the middle?

Von - best utilized rushing the QB or penetrating and making plays behind the LOS

Mays - best utilized in run support, crashing a gap as opposed to reading it

DJ/Woodyard - best utilized in space, both mediocre in coverage at best

^ not a dick's worth of coverage between all of them. In the time it takes for a simple STUNT to develop along the DL, a TE's already catching the ball down the seam.

****ing stupid.
So I'm curious which LB position you think should be addressed first. I can't help but think that if Mays was barely satisfactory in coverage the Defense would look much better. Buying an Extra second of time (or even a second in some cases) plays well into the attacking style they want to run.

I doubt Denver changes the kinds of players they use at WILL. We have a wealth of ball chasers that work best in space right now. Woodyard, Tevathan, DJ, even Irving seem to have similar strengths and weaknesses.

This puts me at a loss for the direction I feel they should go.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote