View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #189
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Tebow wasn't the "issue", Tebow was only the issue at QB. We had other issues Our WR's often didn't know what to do and neither did the line with Tebow. The defense was a big issue but they even held the game so Tebow could make those comebacks. Peyton more than resolved the issue at QB. We will continue to have average years as long as the defense is an "issue". Once the defense has their parts in place, we are going to the SB (and that will include, for the first time in a long, long time, true safeties) and winning.
So what I find frustrating is when are we going to do this? I don't see any signs of this any time soon. This team has been mired in mediocrity since 1999 while we get to sit back and watch other franchises turn things around either via the draft or FA. Don't get me wrong, I would rather be mired in mediocrity than be a continual bottom feeder, but what's it going to take to make this team elite again?

The team this year reminds me of the Plummer days when we would win 9-11 games, but we all knew we would get bounced once we played the good teams because the D is garbage. I am just tired of seeing the same old crap year in and year out.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote