Old 10-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #102
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
We're going to have to agree to disagree here.

1) we got BIG plays against them in "garbage time."

2) It can only be garbage time if a lead is INSURMOUNTABLE. Its not like we played perfect football JUST to fall short. Then id agree with you. We shot ourselves in the foot TWICE when we had a chance in this game. Its not "garbage time," its not "stat padded" time, and at no point did NE really back off from what they are doing.

3) NE was running on us ALL ****ING GAME. Also, their 4th and 5 call where Woodyard got a sack. Yeah, real "garbage time" call.
I'll never agree with you because i dont think you're even close to right.
Manning threw 44 times for 345 yards
Brady threw 31 times for 223 yards

take a look at those numbers and tell me who was putting up yards and stats late in a game in a furious comeback attempt and still lost by double digits.

that's garbage time. by definition. and here's the other thing, if it wasn't garbage time because we had a chance to win, then why have we lost all 3 games like this? doesn't that undermine your point? i mean if we were close enough at 31-7 to win the game, and the same with HOU and ATL, why did we lose all 3? and the fact that we lost all 3 by your logic confirms that these really were garbage time stats, right?
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote