Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
SoCal's Updated Top 10
1. Alabama- Defending Champs have a bye this week.
2. Oregon- Very impressive beatdown of # 23 Washington in Eugene.
3. South Carolina- Pounding a Top 5 team puts the Ol Ball Coach at # 3.
4. Kansas State- Don't sleep on Optimus Klein. Very tough and well coached team.
5. Florida- As I've said before, Muschamp's defense is lights out in the second half so far this season. They've already compiled some impressive wins and I strongly considered putting them at # 4, but their offense is quite inconsistent.
6. Ohio State- Impressive beatdown of the Blackshirts defense. Can't remember the last time someone put 63 on Nebraska.
7. Notre Dame- Their secondary got exposed early but their defense recovered and set the tone later on. Run offense and Golson also looked much better than they have before, although they were playing one of the nation's worst defenses.
8. West Virginia- Defense is absolute trash....but they did win a game on the road against a Top 15 team. Smith remains the Heisman favorite in Dana Holgerson's variation of the Air Raid. Offense is rollin, rollin, rollin.
9. Florida State- FSU always seems to lose at least one and sometimes two of these games a year to teams that have no business beating them. They've got a ton of talent but Jimbo Fisher can't avoid the annual headscratcher upset in the ACC. That said NC State is a good team and Glennon and their backs can play. Impressed that the NC State defense, which was trash last week, held FSU's offense in check. The Noles are likely still ACC Champs, even though their national title dreams are likely finished.
10. Georgia- Shocked that they laid a complete egg in Columbia. Still a damn good team.
KState kind of feels like college footballs version of the 2011 Denver Broncos.