View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #135
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
The Cutler pick was the right pick at the time. Plummer had choked himself out of a job and his confidence was destroyed. Jay is definitely a jerk, but we still needed to find a replacement for Cutler, and he was the best option we had at the time.
Had the Offense not been changed to suit cutlet I doubt that Jake would have "choked" himself out of a job.. When Kubes left and they hired the new guy that BTW was a home town guy with cutlet. What was Jake supposed to think? New guy has my back, Jake never got along with Tanahan and had Kubes to run interference for him..

Kind a got hung out to dry.. tanahan was smart enough not to pull another griese on Jake because the team was behind him..

He knew it was time.. and decided to go out on his own terms.. we all know the "he is the best guy for the job " was coming.. I would guess that Jake knew it when tanahan did not have the guts to call Jake and tell him they were taking cutlet.. which would have been the class thing to do.. at least have the new OC make the call.. it was not like they had 3 picks in a row to worry about..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote