View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #17
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
my expectations for the season were set before the first snap in the first game. i think we're a 7-win, 8-win, or 9-win team at best this year. tough schedule. roster with lots of holes. new system. new D coord. young receivers. etc. etc. etc.

we're just not an elite AFC team yet. one or two key injuries could really devastate our chances of .500. we've missed Kuper, but could you imagine Champ or Von Miller or DT going down for a long stretch of the season? we don't have backups who can come in and play at close to the same level.

i say enjoy 2012. take every win as a bonus and every loss with a grain of salt. this is basically one long training camp for 2013. i'll worry about the playoffs next year.
pretty good post..

Myself before preseason started I thought 6-7 games as wins.. still not sure that has changed much..

You are right on the money with the hi-lighted part yet most dreamers thought that manning would carry the team all by himself and overcome all the youth and lack of studs on the team.. lots thought that our WR core was the best in the NFL..

That JDR would instantly fix the D into a top 5 Defense..

what they do not get is there are 11 guys on the team and they all have to pretty much be on the same page all the time.. and then forget that there are 11 guys on the other side of the LOS that want to stop them..

Dreamers but then back in the early days most of us thought that the draft each year was going to improve the team to the point we could compete with KC, SAN and OAK.. only to find out they improved also..

about this time each year when reality set in the saying in the south stands was wait till next year..

We seemed to be happy to be able to play spoiler those first 15 years or so..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote