Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...elaborate-chat

SG: That's definitely Eddie Money. As for Peyton I have to be honest, I don't understand the respect that people are giving Denver at all. Manning's arm looks dreadful. Really bad. Like seeing a formerly great pitcher in the last year of his career when he's throwing junk and relying on pinpoint location, with no room for error whatsoever. I just don't see how this gets better. They have a terrible running game and a noodle-armed QB. They fell behind by 20 points in Week 2 and Week 3. What am I missing? And who would you wager on if I offered you the line, "Total Number of 2012 Peyton Manning Starts (-2) Total Number of 2012 Michael Vick Starts?"

I stopped reading after this. This dude tries to write about every team and it clearly show. Maybe he should stick to talking about the Pats and Celtics and leave the commentary to the folks who watch the games. Its funny how the top ranked rushing team from 2011 is all the sudden is terrible.
i agree with you. his take is laughable. Peyton is far from noodle armed. he's maybe not as strong as he was (yet?), but he wasn't a gunslinger anyway. still, i maintain this was a huge gamble by Elway. if it fails, he may well go down as the worst GM in Broncos history. but we won't know for sure what's going on with Manning until next year. fortunately, the hefty contract is structured so that we can get out of it after 1 or 2 years if it turns out Manning really is done.

i don't think he is. i just don't think 2012 is the season we need to be worrying about. next year is when i expect this team (with Manning) to win 10 or more games and be in the mix for the AFCCG.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote