Old 09-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #35
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Surprise!

I recall before the 2008 election liberals prattling on about how he was going to close Gitmo, ditch the Patriot Act and try Bush and Cheney on war crimes charges.

How effing hilarious. At the time I was thinking it was all bull**** and was telling them so, and I was right. I think he said a lot of crap to get elected that imo he never meant to follow through with, much like slimeball McCain and his waffling on the border.

Yeah - I disliked GW's civil liberties crap as it was. The NDAA is just one of several of Obama's abuses of power. Also I don't like the new stuff the TSA is doing; I flew to Florida this August and EVERYBODY was nude scanned. That didn't happen when I flew in 2009 and 2010. They aren't even using the metal detectors anymore.
you can request a pat down instead..

as for the scanners there is scary stuff going on in airports.. If they want to look at my junk more power to them, If my plane is not blown up..

I remember once back in the mid 80's was at LAX terminal 1, was checking in for a flight and happened to glance at the Xray CRT in the next aisle on my right.. while the person that was responsible for looking at was busy chatting (cackling) with a friend I saw a big old 45 type revolver in the brief case that was being scanned..

As I walked past the police that was standing there I told him what I saw and they arrested the guy that was trying to get it on the plane..

Ever since then I have become a VERY firm believer in almost a strip search.. for airports..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote