07-30-2004, 06:06 AM
Ring of Famer
Join Date: Apr 2003
Originally Posted by TexanBob
I'm convinced it was the Democrats whole stole the election only to be tripped up by Murphy's Law. How else to explain:
1) 100+ % voter turnout in one inner-city Michigan precinct.
2) Michigan, Pennsylvania and Florida* being called for Gore within minutes of polls closing while states won by Bush like Virginia, Georgia and North Carolina took hours for the networks to call.
3) Homeless in Minnesota and Iowa bribed to vote with cartons of cigarettes.
4) University of Wisconsin students going from precinct-to-precinct and registering under fake names so they could vote "early and often" on election day, later bragging to the press how easy it was to accomplish.
5) A Democrat Wisconsin election official who visited nursing homes and then filled out the ballots "on behalf" of the nursing home patients.
6) Inner-City polls in St. Louis left open an additional three hours on a judge's order who was a crony of Dick Gephardt leading to the narrow victory of Mel Carnahan's widow over John Ashcroft (yes, you libs, if it weren't for your own party's dirty tricks, Ashcroft would just be one of 100 U.S. senators today instead of your worst nightmare).
7) Illegal aliens using motor-voter registrations (a Clinton law) to vote in California.
8) The easily fraudable vote-by-mail scam of Oregon and Washington which both produced narrow victories for Gore.
9) The networks announcing the winner in Florida before the voting booths in the conservative Panhandle area closed, which a Yale study and others claim cost Bush up to 10,000 votes in Florida, making the whole recount scenario moot.
And none of this yet touches on the aftermath of the Florida election where:
1) A Democrat operative was found days after the election with a punch-card voting machine and blank ballots in the trunk of his car.
2) Broward county election officials attempting to count ballots in private.
3) Democrat instructions to throw out as many military absentee ballots as possible.
4) Attempts to include spoiled ballots by cartoonishly "divining" the voter's intent.
5) The Florida Supreme Court circumventing Florida election laws whenever they stood in the way of their desired result.
6) Palm Beach Election Judge Doris Roberts' vow that she would go to jail to see that Al Gore was elected.
Now you could call all of these coincidences but I don't. This was a systematic attempt to throw the election toward the Democrats using media distortion and illegal tactics to fix the election. I think it explains why the Democrats are, to this day, so put out about it. Imagine if you rigged something and *still* didn't win?
It was a high-stakes gamble that would have worked were it not for one innocent little mistake in Palm Beach County, Florida.
Teresa LePore, a Democrat, designed the infamous butterfly ballot (the same one that had been used for decades in Democrat counties without challenges to its legitimacy). The candidates were ranked according to the results of the last statewide election. That meant Bush came first because Republicans won the governorship in 1998. He was given hole #3 in the computer card ballot. Gore, the Democrat, was given hole #4 and the Reform Party candidate was given hole #5. If you look at the computer card, these holes all line up one under the next. But in the butterfly ballot, the names are staggered on the left and right hand columns of the ballot page.
Ms. LePore printed out the sample ballots and received no complaints from any of the parties involved. Thousands of sample ballots used in absentee ballots and for use with voter guides.
But at some point, the local Democrats decided that they wanted Gore's name directly under Bush's name, not across the page where it might be harder to see at a glance. So they switched Gore (hole #4) with Buchanan (hole #5). That's how Buchanan wound up with all those votes in Palm Beach County. The Vote Fraud unit created 1000s of ballots for hole #4 thinking they'd count for Gore and wound up creating them for Buchanan. Then they created the "confused old granny" cover story to keep people from noticing the truth behind what they had done.
The smoking gun is what the Washington Post reported a few days after the election. They buried a story about the Democrats ordering a telemarketing group in Texas to divert away from urgent get-out-the-vote calling while polls were still open to call back Palm Beach voters who *had already voted* to claim they had accidentally voted for Buchanan and insist that they be allowed to vote again. There's no way the Democrats are going to squander national resources at the highest level on the wild goose chase of a few confused old bitties unless they knew they had to launch a cover story to divert the press.
Or did you think that whole dog and pony show about rooms full of confused grannies on national tv admitting they were too stupid to follow arrows on a ballot by 10 p.m. election night just happened spontaneously?
I could say much more but I don't want to write something so long that your eyes will glaze over. The reason Dems can't get over Florida 2000 is not because they had the election stolen but because the election they tried so hard to steal it and came up 527 votes short.
very well put .. I remember all those things happening and wondering if the Dems were gonna be able to steal another election.... rep for you
Last edited by Exile_In_SJ; 07-30-2004 at 06:08 AM..