Old 09-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #896
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
So around mid season I believe broncocalijohn was getting at me for a comment I made about how Mark Trumbo would possibly end up being a short term wonder boy.
Trumbo had a stellar first half, way ahead of his normal level, and his second half he has just bottom dropped hardcore.
Striking out at a rate of 1 every 3 plate appearances, only hitting .211 with an OBP of .261, Slugging .339 and OPS of .600.
To me, it seems his value is in between the two. 250ish average, .300ish OBP, and slugging .475-.500ish. Sort of an average player when it all boils down who has massive power, but misses a lot.
No doubt a big slump and I wonder if it started after the HR hitting contest. He is above averages with his homeruns. He went from touching a little over .300 to around .265. Still young in this league.

I will cede that Cabrera is going to have a great chance at the MVP with his triple crown threat. He is hitting better while Trout's average has gone down about 25 points. He is doing incredible as a leadoff hitter but tough to deny Cabrera's run.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote