Old 09-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #979
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Right now it's looking like the ceiling is 4 wins, not the floor.
I severely doubt Clark is gonna let Pioli have 3 head coaches in 2 years time. Plus I think Clark would hate paying 3 coaches at the same time, while still paying Pioli the most money of any GM in the league. Clark would save money by getting rid of Pioli.

I know some of you won't believe this, but I think Clark is a good owner. I think he does care and has shown that he won't tolerate no results when he forced Carl to resign.
People say that Clark is cheap, but Clark has given his checkbook to Pioli. He's cleared him to spend money. Pioli is just using that money on the wrong players (Cassel and Jackson are fine examples).

I think the big question is "who could Pioli hire next"? Nobody wanted to work with him this last offseason. Pioli is known as a rude power hungry GM.
The only coaches he's brought in were from his Patriots tree and father-in-law. He only has the Patriots tree left, so the only Patriots coach he could replace Romeo with would be Josh McDaniels, and there is no way Pioli would hire him. He thought about it in January and knew that nobody in this town would support it.
fair enough, I guess you all are stuck with Crennel until Haley is off the books.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote