Thread: The Chiefs suck
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #958
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
Things can change quickly in the NFL. KC wins @NO and they're still going to have a very excited stadium against SD the following week. As much as I'd love for it to become a two team race between us and SD, wouldn't count out KC yet.

I'd be surprised to see Pioli get fired as well, simply because he supposedly does a good job making money for the team, or that seems to be the belief (by those that think they're in the know like Kent Babb, Sam Mellinger, etc)

Still, if the team continues to get embarrassed and they have a 0-2 win season, it's possible. If fans stop going to games, it is possible.
I live in Kansas City and I can tell you people are fed up. There are the occasional fans who just go because they love to watch, but I can tell you that there is some serious tension between the Chiefs and their fans. Mellinger and Babb's columns, along with Fescoe's rant, have been far more talked about than the Saints game.
The fans are just tired of it. Arrowhead might be mostly full next weekend, but if this keeps up, Clark is losing money because people aren't showing up in the later part of the season.
It happened in 2008 and it will certainly happen again.