Old 08-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #1473
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I think that defense is going to be lock down, better than last year. It's improved in every way. Landry and Bell at safety are looking awesome. Ellis at backup NT is looking like a beast. I think Coples will help them even as a rookie.

So I think the Jets will remain relevant because of their defense.

And their packages with Tebow is at least a recognition of "Hey, we suck. We're going to try different things to move the ball." A team with that attitude can find a way to get some points.

Tony Sparano is that guy that, the first time you look his way, he's totally sucking. And you think "he sucks," and you look away. Then you look back later in the season and he's got things headed in a better direction. Like last year, winning 6 of their last 9.
Defense can't do it all on their own; at some point the offense is going to have to put some points on the scoreboard too. Sure it's preseason, but all of the other teams in the league have gotten into the end zone 3 times (heard this little factoid on NFLN today) while the Jest haven't made it there even once. Maybe it's just "a slow start"... but it could also be the early signs of a less-than-stellar season offensively.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote