View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #421
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
The point is not "contributing". The point is "contributing to the extent MJD would contribute". We are not going to be picking at #2 next year, so a guy like Miller isn't the question. It's this:

What are the chances the Broncos are going to draft a guy next year in any round that is ever going to be better than MJD is right now? People over-value draft picks big time around here and, given our history, it's pretty laughable. I could understand if this was a fanbase of some team that had a great track record of solid drafting, but it couldn't be further from that. Our history says that unless they're picked in the top 10, they have about a 1% chance of ever making a probowl, much less being one of the two or three best at his position for several years.
Yes he is contrubuting now but will he have one or two more years in those legs..

Myself I want future not today and tomorrow..
If this was a running league and more importantly a running team then I might be swayed a bit..

About since we have manning and not Tebow I see more yards via the air than on the ground..regardless that Fox Likes runners..

We have more needs than a today RB.. Sorry but that Is how I see it.. My money is being spent on someone that ODDS are will be around more than two years.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote