Old 08-23-2012, 07:29 AM   #224
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
That's the same logic that made people want Tatum Bell as our starter, those change up backs tend to get the big YPC, it comes down to earth when you have to start pounding on 1st and 2nd down.

You are correct that MJD has had a nose for the endszone, 3 times over 10 rushing TD's in his career, not last season when he was "The best back in the game" though. He also has played in a running focused offense his entire career. Moreno played in the McD offense. We should be over the moon over his production in that system honestly. Moreno has more receiving TD's over their first 3 seasons though.

I'm not arguing that MJD isn't currently a better runner. I'm arguing that what he brings isn't really worth what Denver would likely have to pay. I know you hate Moreno, but the reality is, with him we have the stable of backs necessary to produce equally or better than what we would with MJD.

Forget stats. Kyle Orton was once on pace to throw for 5,600 yards in McD's offense. Pick 5 random games and watch how MJD runs, and then pick 5 random games and watch how Moreno, Ball, Johnson, and (fill-in-the-blank) camp fodder runs. And then tell me we would get equal meaningful production.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote