View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 06:23 AM   #223
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Except MJD was clearly a starter and showed it in his limited carries. Moreno is a fringe roster player. How many 100 yard games did the 2 of them have over the first 3 years? How many TD's? I know MJD has been in double digit TD's quite a bit. They aren't even close.
That's the same logic that made people want Tatum Bell as our starter, those change up backs tend to get the big YPC, it comes down to earth when you have to start pounding on 1st and 2nd down.

You are correct that MJD has had a nose for the endszone, 3 times over 10 rushing TD's in his career, not last season when he was "The best back in the game" though. He also has played in a running focused offense his entire career. Moreno played in the McD offense. We should be over the moon over his production in that system honestly. Moreno has more receiving TD's over their first 3 seasons though.

I'm not arguing that MJD isn't currently a better runner. I'm arguing that what he brings isn't really worth what Denver would likely have to pay. I know you hate Moreno, but the reality is, with him we have the stable of backs necessary to produce equally or better than what we would with MJD.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote