Old 08-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #195
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Jacksonville is being cautious not because of his age, which is only 27, three years younger than Mcghee. They are being "cautious" because he still has two years left on his contract. A contract that was front loaded to start with.

No reason why Denver should not do everything they can to get him in here. If it takes more than a 2nd get it done. Look at Denver's first round picks the last 20 years. How many of those would you take over Jones-Drew?
He was drafted in 2006 and has been ridden hard by the Jags. The reality is, with a young QB like Gabbert the Jags should be doing everything they can to keep MJD around, right?

I just don't think MJD is worth much in trade, not with the mileage he has on his body. It's not like when the Broncos traded Portis who was in his second or third year and in his prime. The Broncos drafted Hillman and we don't even know what this kid can bring to the table. Sure, I'd like MJD but I wouldn't trade the farm for the guy. Not with Hillman being a complete unknown.

Also, there are going to be some RBs who are going to be released from teams before the season starts, so the Broncos have to take that into consideration too.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote