Old 08-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #186
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
The Manning trade set into motion a two year, three year window to win a championship. I know that some people seem to think that Peyton came with some sort of a time machine back to 2007 where he'll be able to throw 560 passes in a season and the Broncos will be successful. He's not going to be able to do that and the team needs to be able to run more, significantly more than Indy did with Peyton.

So if we look at the roster we have a decent RB north of 30, an unknown commodity 3rd round draft pick and scrubs.

Moreno sucks and his trade value is probably a 5th rounder, D.J.'s trade value is next to nothing because of the impending suspension and his contract his pretty big.

It's laughable that people think the Jags are going to take something like a 3rd rounder and Moreno for one of the three best backs in the league. If this is going to happen it's going to take a minimum of a 2nd and a player to get it done. Probably more like a 2nd, a 4th, and a decent player.
Let's see how Moreno performs in this new offense. I'm not saying he's gonna be Marshall Falk, but I am saying "let's see first."

MJD has a lot of mileage on him. There is a reason that Jacksonville does not want to break the bank on the guy and it's because he's been ridden like a pony express horse over the last few years.

MJD has been flat out over used in a system that had no passing attack. I just don't see the logic in trading the farm for a guy who is on the downside of a very tough career.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote