View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #30
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I think some people fail to grasp how utterly screwed this team is if Willis gets hurt for any significant time. Honestly, it's time to stop dicking around and get an elite back to help Manning out. MJD 1A and Willis McGahee as 1B would be deadly.

For the record I think Hillman will be an excellent speed back, but we're at preseason game # 3 and he's yet to take the field. Moreno combines the elusiveness of Sammy Winder and the power of Gerald Willhite, with a sprinkle of injury prone and criminal behavior sprinkled in. Ball is a special teams player and the rest of these guys wouldn't make a practice squad on any other team in the league.

For this to work, Denver has to play with leads and pound the ball when necessary. We're not going to win with a 36-year-old QB throwing the ball 45 or 50 times a game.

Sometimes I question if you guys actually watch the NFL or if you just sit around and theorize about it without seeing it.

This offense makes it so you don't have to have the best back in the league. The defense respects the pass and that is why the backs have high per carry average. Manning spreads defenses out. Average backs look great taking the occasional hand-off for nice gains.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote