View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #86
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Colston is their #1 WR, but Jimmy Graham is really the #1 target. Sproles is used heavily in the passing game. They don't really have a number two WR. The way that offense runs, they distribute the ball everywhere (Meachem, Moore, Henderson, Thomas).

Not saying that means Meachem will have a breakout season (though I think he will. ) Right now he's just a proven #2 receiver that will have to prove he's more than that.

And for all the passing the Saints do, they don't air it out deep like the Chargers do. That's Norv's style. You don't see the Saints receivers with the kind of YPC like the Chargers have. It's not even close.

The only reason I can see the Charger's deep passing game struggling is because of the issues at LT. If they're just being cautious with Gaither right now and he turns out to be fine, Rivers will be airing it out like he always does. If Gaither's health is in question, Norv has shown he is stubborn to adjust his gameplan and I think the passing game will struggle like it did last year with the o-line issues that they had.
Losing Brown won't help matters. Chargers running out of skill players. But the rest of the division has problems also. Really not one complete team.

Last edited by cutthemdown; 08-19-2012 at 09:25 AM..
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote