Old 08-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #95
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchTanShan View Post
I drove a 335is for years and enjoyed it quite a bit, and figured I would probably just update it with a newer model when it came time to get a new car. Surprisingly, when I decided to start shopping for a new one and taking some different cars for a test drive I ended up getting a Volvo S40 T5 AWD- last car I would have thought I would end up getting, but its turned out to be such a joy to drive. Still has great acceleration and fun to let it rip on the open road, but its so nice in that it handles as good as any car or suv I've ever driven in the rain and snow (including 3 Jeeps I owned as 2nd cars).

Since I found myself liking to drive it so much, I started taking more road trips, and noticed how comfortable and well designed the seats were. It really becomes noticable after longer stretches when you typically start getting sore or feeling the need to stretch, but Volvo seats really provide such a comfortable ride. Kinda sad and unsure what Ill get next in the next 2-3 years now thay Ford sold Volvo to a Chinese company, so maybe Ill have to revisit BMW or check out Audi.
My parents had a Volvo back in the early/mid 80's it was a great car, not exactly what I would consider a luxury car but it handled well and had some pep, car I learned stick on. I didn't know they sold out to a Chinese company. Very sad.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote