broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Going into tonight, their stats are:

Cabrera - 432 AB, 140 H, 28 2B, 28 HR, 92 RBI, 43 BB, 62 K, .324 AVG, .385 OBP, .968 OPS

Trout - 353 AB, 123 H, 21 2B, 5 3B, 19 HR, 59 RBI, 37 BB, 80 K, 36 SB, .348 AVG, .411 OBP, 1.009 OPS

IMO Trout will have to step it up quite a bit to catch Cabrera for the MVP.
Congrats on Cabrera's Fantasy baseball award. See my post above.

You forgot to mention that he was in the minor leagues for a month while Angels sucked and wow(!) Angels started to kick ass when he was in the lineup full time. He is also a leadoff hitter with now 23 homeruns! He has about 40 SB. He is a defensive stud. Just came back from the game tonight where we were losing 5 to 0 in the 3rd inning against Felix Hernandez. Screwed? We should have been until he belts a 3 run HR (his 23rd). Next time he is up, he gets a sacrifice fly that scores two runs! He hits it so far in the corner that he gets his 5th rbi to tie the game off of the ace pitcher for the Mariners. We win in the bottom of the 9th.

This award is his to lose. Only thing I see him doing as a negative lately is striking out more than his normal self. He will be almost a 40-40 guy this season as a lead off hitter. Look how many RBIs he has. He will be probably be over 85 to 90 rbis and leads off. MVP= Trout!

Get his baseball cards as an investment. Glad I bought one for $3 and already $15 two months later. He is going to be special for years to come.

BTW, I love Cabrera when he isnt boozing. A great player but Trout is the flavor of the month right now. Actually, I think that flavor won't get stale for awhile.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote