Old 08-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #571
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
It's not relevant because KC doesn't have near the team that New England had in 2008.

I'm not arguing that Cassel would fail to be decent if he was surrounded with the Patriots talent. I'm arguing that the deck is stacked against KC if they have around the 9th-11th ranked defense, with Cassel as the QB. And I'm not arguing that KC couldn't win a mediocre division with Cassel (although I don't think it's mediocre this year)

Obviously if KC has the top ranked defense, KC would be relevant as far as the Super Bowl goes. Losing Moeaki hurt, but he was an injury prone player throughout his career in Iowa, so really shouldn't be surprising to anyone that he got hurt.

Charles injury was huge obviously. Not just for last year, but it's likely going to be 2013 before he's close to what he was before the injury.

And KC being in first place the week before he hurt had a lot more to do with the division he was playing in then Cassel "leading" KC anywhere.

Far as KC having the more talent then in 2010, guess we'll see. I still see some glaring depth problems that could really negatively impact KC's team. really need the corners to stay healthy, Routt to return to his 2010 form, Bowe to be a quick learner/pray he stayed in moderated shape, Charles to return to form, Hillis being less of a retard then he is normally.. among other factors. As much as Manning is a question mark for the Broncos, I'd say KC has just as many question marks if not more.
The thing you guys need to realize with Charles is that he isn't going to be used a ton like a lot of extra players. If he has 1,000 yards and breaks some nice runs consistently through the year I'm happy. The Chiefs were 15th in rushing last year with McCluster and Battle. It won't be hard to be better than that.
The biggest upgrade Hillis brings is his ability to get tough yards. Thomas Jones sucked at that and we desperately needed an upgrade in that area.

Will Peyton Manning be the old QB to throw 30 TD's this year? Will the offense gel with an extremely tough first half? Can the Broncos stop the run consistently with DMC and Charles coming back? Is the offense line gonna prove they can protect Manning after Clady and Franklin struggled last year and Harris coming off of injury?

The entire division has an abundance of questions. Not just the Chiefs.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote