View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #290
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

First Carson now Seymour....

NAPA -- Richard Seymour is expecting big things from the Raiders defense this season.

Ranked No. 29 in the NFL last season in terms of yards allowed, Seymour expects a big improvement, saying the Raiders could be a top five team in terms of defense in 2012.

The Raiders' defensive tackle Seymour made the statement Sunday when he was asked how the Raiders could be so consistently shaky against the run, yet be a decent team rushing the passer.

Oakland ranked 27th in run defense while surrendering an NFL-worst 5.1 yards per carry, but had a respectable 39 sacks -- 15th in the league.

``You just have to be disciplined, be where you're supposed to be when you're supposed to be there,'' Seymour said Sunday, the day before the Raiders held their first training camp practice. ``If not, things happen. But we're definitely laying the foundation. Every year is different. Hopefully, we'll be a top five defense this year.''

Seymour made his seventh Pro Bowl last season, even though his play sagged toward the middle of the season with a knee injury he is still reluctant to discuss.

``You never want to talk about injuries," Seymour said. "I came out of the gate well and then a knee injury, and it slowed down from there. Toward the end, I started to regain my form a little bit. I'm optimistic and feeling good right now.''

http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders...ce=most_viewed

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote