Old 07-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #286
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacillus Anthracis View Post
Not really. Myers is solid. He's one of those guys who catches the crucial third and short pass or makes the block that springs the running back. Not spectacular but more than serviceable. Outside of that, we don't have much. If our TE position was completely screwed, I'd have no shame in saying so. For example, if Myers were to go down for the season in training camp, then hell yeah, we'd be screwed at the position.

Ausberry's still a work in progress, a classic Al Davis pick. Great physical traits: tall, fast, strong. In college the guy was a decent WR on a USC Trojan team that threw the ball to everyone. What Al didn't really care too much about was that the guy wasn't a tight end. To be fair to the old man though, we did get him in the 7th round. And that's where you should draft projects.

For some reason, despite the facts of near zero production, Raider fans are high on this guy. I just don't get it. Projects almost always remain projects until they find themselves either 1) Glad they made the most of their academic opportunities in college or 2) Regretting that they didn't make the most of their academic opportunities in college; or 3) they actually turn into consistent contributors. But 2 is most likely.

Greg Knapp loves to use the tight end in his offense. Owens was the leading receiver he and Dressen combined for 82 receptions and 9 touchdowns in 2011 for the Texans. Since the two tight end set is all the rage in the NFL I find it curious that of all the teams in the AFC West the raiders have the least talent at that position. I guess being 22 million over the cap with no draft picks until #95 their hands were tied.

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote