Old 07-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #345
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Jackson and Dorsey are elite 3-4 DE's when it comes to stopping the run. And this team needed that, because players like Tamba Hali struggled to stop the run at that time (last year he was actually pretty decent in that aspect).

One of the most important jobs of a 3-4 DE is to hold blockers at the point so that your OLB's have a chance to get to the QB. Since the Chiefs put Dorsey and Jackson in the 3-4 in 2009, Tamba Hali has had 35 sacks (11.5 average a season). The 3 years before that, Tamba got half as many sacks as opposed to the 3 years in the 3-4, and 2 years he had Jared Allen taking up all the double teams.

Jackson and Dorsey have done a good job in the Chiefs system. Of course they need to work on getting sacks, but they do a lot of the hard work that has made it easier for guys like DJ to have more opportunities.

Like I said before. I thnk Allen Bailey is gonna be a really good DE for us all around. He's going to make more of an impact than Dorsey or Jackson.
It's too bad for San Francisco and Houston that their DEs don't know that they aren't supposed to actually get to the QB. I guess that's why those two teams have such bad defenses.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote