View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #276
Bacillus Anthracis

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
The Broncos defense last year was hardly the tops, but the Raider offense didn't exactly score a ton against it. Can Ford, who is small, stay healthy? Didn't last year. The Raiders also do not have a proven receiver at TE either, relying on hope.
Last year's offensive scheme didn't utilize the TE position all that much. It was one of Hue Jackson's biggest mistakes because we had two very capable players in Kevin Boss and Brandon Myers. But his philosophy called for the TEs to be primarily blockers--which works when your starting receivers are on the field, but not when you're pulling guys off the practice squad to come in an play the position.

This season, I don't know. We let Boss go to KC which I think was a big mistake, but maybe the cap was involved. I don't know.

As for our O vs. your D: We did enough to win the first one and in the second game our D f'ing collapsed in the second half. 24 points should have been enough to close that thing out. Also, that was Palmer's second week in the offense after being on the team for all of 10 days at that point.

Quote:
I stated on a post that Manning will enjoy going up against that Raider secondary, which is very weak IMO
Assuming he's back to his regular self, that's probably true.