Originally Posted by KCStud
Uh about your own team. Broncos fans were on the point of Russian roulette in the early to mid 90's because they thought Elway would never win a SB.
Back then, yeah, I was scared that Elway might choke in the big game, but I had absolute confidence that he could at least win a few playoff games and get there.
Do you want to examine Elway's playoff games in the early to mid 90's?
- 1991 divisional: 19-33, 257, 1 TD, 0 int. also, Drive II.
- 1991 AFCCG: 11-21, 121, 0 TD 1 int. Elway was injured somewhere around halftime.
- 1993 divisional: 29-47, 302, 3 TD, 1 int.
- 1996 divisional: 25-38, 226, 2 TD, 0 int.
This represents the dark era of Elway's career - this was about as bad as it got.
Let's compare that to the best playoff game Matt Cassel ever started:
- 2010 divisional: 9-18, 0 td, 3 int.
How can you possibly have any confidence in your QB? How can a rational observer think the early-mid 90 Broncos to the modern era Chiefs are comparable?