Old 07-02-2012, 04:04 AM   #97
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
Though I don't care for it personally, from my past experience wheatgrass juice should always be taken by itself on an empty stomach. Used to make me sick other wise. But mainly I just wanted to say make sure to juice the wheatgrass first, never use whole wheatgrass for smoothies.
I agree with this wheatgrass should be taken by it self. Best to have an orange wedge after the shot of wheatgrass to kill the after taste.

Quote:
hades - Edit: I found our blender, so tomorrow I am making a smoothie with some wheatgrass juice, sounds better than a straight shot of it!
A word of caution; making green smoothies with a regular blender will turn you off to the wonderful world green juices. A regular blender oes not have the power of blade configuration to break down the cell walls of the fruit and greens and will leave you with a whorled up aural tasting mess. You really need to buy either a Vitamix or a BlendTeck or the 600 watt NutriBullet (Not the cheaper Bullet). You can get a Nutri Bullet at Bed & Bath for 99 dollars and they have coupons for 20% off.

[IMG]javascript:showOverlay('20612540081076P');[/IMG]
baja is offline   Reply With Quote