View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #95
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Moffitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades View Post
Never seen that until today, but holy cow, $12 grand for the diabetic 21 day program! I just have a hard time believing you can stop taking insulin. Sure, if your pancreas is making some, but not enough so you have to take a shot, but you need insulin to convert sugar to energy. I'm not a veagan, but it is rare I eat meat, but there are carbs in a lot of fruit and veggies that will raise your blood sugar, and your liver can release stored sugar if it thinks you need energy.

Juicing has helped lower my insulin requirement, along with exercise. I can say I juice fruits and take a lot less insulin than I would have if I ate them. I always get high blood glucose levels if I eat an orange. The other day I juiced an orange and 2 carrots and took about %60 of the insulin I probably would have if I ate those items. Weird, but it's like there are fewer carbs in the juice, maybe the pulp that is left over contains a decent amount, not sure.

Edit: I found our blender, so tomorrow I am making a smoothie with some wheatgrass juice, sounds better than a straight shot of it!
Eliminate fat from your diet and you'll notice a huge difference in how your body reacts to and utilizes carbs. Completely eliminate overt fats, meat, dairy, oils, nuts, seeds, avocados, coconut. Get your omegas from greens, 2 lbs a day (juicing makes this easy). After healing, I would say it'd be safe to reintroduce nuts, seeds and high fat fruit, in small amounts. Like a handful of nuts a day or 1 avocado.

http://www.amazon.com/Neal-Barnards-...rsing+diabetes

Last edited by IHaveALight; 07-01-2012 at 09:59 PM..
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote