View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #70
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i think the Marshall comparisons are lacking beyond the physical standpoint. for all intents and purposes DT is a great teammate and a good locker room guy. aside from a questionable choice in friends as a pro he hasn't been a distraction or a bad person in the city. with Marshall we all saw that he was a fun guy, but could also be an absolute turd, and his stupidity only mounted after everything with DWill(RIP)

granted it has only been a little over a year since his brush with trouble that was mainly Cox's fault and he was just a bystander, but he has kept himself out of trouble and out of the spotlight. Marshall couldn't do that.

now i don't know about DT's intelligence or lack thereof but i don't think his recent comments about having to be in shape or route running were the result of stupidity. lack of judgment and proper clarification is more how i interpret his comments.

to me, his saying i need to be in shape to run this offense, was him saying poorly, i need to get back to doing the things i need to, to be an NFL receiver, when over last season he was a downfield blocker more than a receiver and because of that he wasn't necessarily doing all the little things to be a receiving weapon.

his route running comment wasn't saying "i don't know what the routes are" it was saying, "i now have a QB that can make all the throws and i need to be capable of running all possible routes on the route tree, not just the few that Orton or Tebow were capable of throwing"
BM was thought of highly from most that knew him, writers, players and some adoring fans..

now DT did not have that becasue he came in hurt and seemed to not get on the field.. so few fans thought much of him and on top of all that he was Joshes boy, mistake or what ever..

From what I have been told he is a top ten in the wonderlick in his draft class.. SO perhaps it is not smarts but common sense..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote