Old 06-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #67
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
yep blame everyone but DT for his lack of effort in this area.. Is there a lack of desire on his part to KNOW his job.. Has the coaching been that bad, that they did not teach him.. And EVEN if he was injured or his QB's were not Manning IMO it comes with the pay check to know your job and work at it.. learning the route tree does not mean he has to be on the field running them all the time.. Loads of this game is mental and if the mental prep has not been done, trying to run the tree well is not gonna happen.. just maybe the QB's had little faith in him and that was the reason they did not make him the Numero Uno guy.. I know that Manning will not waste time on him if he does not have it down stone cold .. he will look at him last after all the other options.. Someone on NFLN mentioned regardless the commentary should not have been even brought up.. I agree, perhaps he has no common sense.. Or worse..
in all fairness to DT and his overall game; he has been injured quite a bit since he was drafted. coming out of college he had the foot injury and wasn't a big participant in camp and once the regular season started injuries crept up again and Orton was all about finding Brandon Lloyd. so not a great year to learn his craft. add in, most receivers don't hit the ground running coming out of college.

year 2 he was coming off a torn achilles and missed camp and the first 6 games of the season. he also had 2 years of seeing Tebow missing on throws and throwing into the dirt. now coming back from injury is tough, a guy may be healed but he may not have complete confidence in the newly healed limb. this is evident in that he wasn't a big factor for the 1st 6 weeks he was back on the field by a lack of production.

now in his defense about the route running, yes it was dumb to admit to, but really i don't think route running was being heavily emphasized in the offense last season. i'd wager that coaches were telling the receivers "run the route, but if the ball isn't out after 3 seconds start blocking" now if you are a young receiver, chances are your going to see your QB throwing on average 10 passes a game maybe 4 of which are catchable; how much effort is realistically going to be put into proper route running?

under the circumstances of the QB position the last 2 seasons it is too soon to label DT a bad player or route runner or Decker as a guy incapable of getting separation or both of them as players who drop a lot of balls. if that continues this season with a full TC and preseason worth of work with a great passer then we can start to worry and call out these guys.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote