Old 06-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #169
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
For the record folks, Houston was looking like a man by the end of the season. KCStud may be reaching a little, but he might be a top half of the league LBer by seasons end and ascending. His numbers reflect an average. His average does not show his improvement. He started pretty bad.

However Miller was top 10 his 1st snap. I gotta say I love everything about the guy. If he's not the real deal, Ill be real surprized. Not just on the field either. I think this guy will be running the defense next season. He might even replace what you lost in Dawkins locker room presence. The Chief I think of when I think in comparison is Eric Berry. Berry was top 3 from his 1st snap.

Von Miller is on that level KCStud.
I'm not sure Berry was top 3 from his first snap. He gave up 7 TDs in coverage he was responsible for in 2010. That was tied for most in the league with Tyvon Branch and Alan Ball. He did pick off 4 which is good, but it doesn't really compare with Polamalu (0 TDs, 7 Ints), Reed (4 TDs, 8 Ints), Sensabaugh (1 TD, 5 Ints), or even Earl Thomas (3 TDs, 5 Ints)

I'm not saying he won't be an excellent player, but I'm not sure he was really top 3 from the very beginning.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote