Old 06-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #157
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Jared Allen is a defensive end!Of course he won't have as many sacks, genius. And so what if he won't get as many sacks as Jared Allen. Dangit! We may have to settle for sacks in the teens! You showed us!

And Demarcus ware plays DE in a 3-4. But just for fun, here are some stats from Miller and Ware's last year:

Ware: 19.5 sacks, 26 tackles for a loss, 2 passes defended 2 forced fumbles

Miller: 11.5 sacks, 21 tackles for a loss, 4 passes defended 2 forced fumbles.

Miller missed a game due to injury, played four games with a cast on one hand, plays OLB in a 4-3, not a 3-4, so he drops back more and, oh yeah, he was a FREAKING ROOKIE.

So saying our rookie isn't as good as two of the best players at their position, both of which are looking at probable HOF careers isn't really much smack talk - especially when he's already pretty close.

Really, what's your point KC? You keep moving the goal posts. First it was Miller wasn't that good, then it was your stupid linebacker was better, then it was DT is better than LT, then it was Miller isn't as good as Allen and Ware.

I think you're afraid to admit that Von Miller is awesome.

Pretending he isn't won't make him go away, Sheepstud.
I see you just flew by my post without reading or comprehending it, as usual. If you actually read the post, you'd see that I said made the distinction between a LB and a pure pass rusher. The poster made the assumption Von was the best pure pass rusher, which is false.

If you read any of the post, I clarified more than once that right now Von is not the best OLB in the league, because he isn't. Is he good? Yeah of course he is, but is he the BEST in the NFL? NO.
And last year Tamba was more of a force overall than Von. He was just as good of a run stopper and he got more pressure on QB's than Von. So again, right now Tamba deserves to be ahead of Von until Von goes out and proves otherwise.

And I love that this board makes excuses for Von. Yes he was hurt. That's how the game goes.
KC lost a ton of their key players to injury last year and would have won the division with those missing players, but ya know what Gaylore? THAT'S HOW IT GOES.

And I'm pretty sure a broken hand wasn't the reason Von got beat up in the run game by McCluster. There were several times Von wasn't in the right position to make a play or took a bad angle. I saw it multiple times. McCluster beat Von so many times that Von tried tripping him because he couldn't stop him.

The point of this post is that people saying that last year or even right now, Von is NOT the best LB in the league. He's not the best pure pass rusher in the league. He isn't the best 3-4 OLB in the league. And saying he is THE best in the NFL is pure homerism.

Oh and btw. Jared Allen is better than Von as a pass rusher and in coverage. That's just how good Allen is. And he's a DE.

Last edited by KCStud; 06-25-2012 at 12:19 AM..
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote