View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 06:22 AM   #397
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Yeah if you look at this year only. Boesch posted a .799 last season (his second in the majors) and is 27 years old. He is a promising power hitting lefty, and you'd be stupid to get rid of him. Young has a career .750 OPS, and is only 26. Young might end up going, since he's eligible for FA in 2013, but the Tigers went out and got him for two promising players last year...I would be shocked if they let him go.
Baseball is very much "what have you done for me lately?"
Two years ago Ubaldo Jimenez was a Cy Young candidate and filthy. Now, he isn't anywhere close to that pitcher again.

Boesch is good to keep for now, he is cheap, and an average bat in the lineup. I don't know about being a promising power hitter. I mean Rockie fans were saying the same thing about Brad Hawpe, and Hawpe spiraled down so fast.

Delmon Young is going to be gone likely, and he seems like a high unknown really. Guy has one good year, and a bunch of solid seasons, and then dipped a lot last year and this year. If he doesn't up his production this year, I question if the Tigers bring him back.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote