Thread: Around The NFL:
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 03:25 AM   #3262
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Yep....I root for Kubes to do well and hope he wins a Super Bowl with the Texans at some point to reward them for showing some patience while he was trying to put together a defense to match his offense.

The fat man, Wade Phillips, is an average head coach, but is one of the best defensive coordinators in the business and is a perfect fit in Houston.

Phillips is a native Texan (as is Kubes). There were/are a lot of chess pieces for Phillips to play with there. I'm sure he will be satisfied and has come to the realization that he is best suited as a defensive coordinator and this is a great place for him to be. I think being the head coach of the Cowboys burnt him out and took a toll on him.

This gig is a lot less stress and he doesn't have to answer to a prick like Jerry Jones.
I really was hoping Kubiak would be the Broncos coach someday. Also you are right when doesn't a Wade Phillips defense play well? He is a true master at putting guys in spots to make plays with good solid team defense.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote