Thread: The Chiefs suck
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #264
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

[QUOTE=Rolandftw;3601299]It's hard to compare some positions because we play different defenses. Can't really compare a 3-4 DE to a 4-3 DE, as they both bring different things to the table.

With that said:

Quote:
1. O-Line-I think Denver's O-Line is at least as good as KC's, if not better. Good free agent pick ups and draft selections for KC tho. Hard to rate Denver's O-Line under an option style offense last season too.
I don't think so man. Winston is arguably the best RT in the league. I think most analyst and fans would agree with that. Albert is no slouch either. He had a very good year last year. 24 pressures and 5 sacks given up. Very good for a QB that holds the ball long.
I was not overly impressed with Franklin last year. He was good in run support, but not in pass pro. And Walton struggled most of the time last year. Kuper was very good though.

Quote:
2. WR-KC returns very average WR's if Bowe holds out. I think both Decker and Thomas will have break out seasons with Manning at QB. KC probably has more depth at the position then Denver.
This is very close, but I think you only have 2 legit WR's. Bowe is a threat. Can you imagine what the guy would do with a franchise QB? Breaston is also a solid contributor. A relibable WR. Baldwin has looked much better so far. He's made some fantastic deep grabs in OTA's (which Cassel is sure as hell gonna need).

Quote:
3. RB-The history of RB's coming back and being nearly as productive in year 1 of an ACL tear... is basically non-existent. Most have had massive drops in production. Many RB's of Charles's similar size and style were never the same again. Maybe Charles will be an exception to that next season, but dunno why Chief fans are counting on it. If he isn't the exception, KC is not in a good place at RB.
The silver lining of this is that Charles got injured in early September. He's had more than the average time to heal. I think he'll still be a threat because he use's his straight away speed most of the time. Even at 75% he's still above average. I think Hillis is going to flourish in Daboll's system. Daboll was the one calling the run plays when Hillis broke out in Cleveland.
And you're forgeting Cyrus Gray. I think the kid is a solid all around back. Good in the flat and has good speed. Hillman looks like a good pick IMO as far as a weapon in the flat and and sweeps.
I wouldn't take a RB that will be 31 this year over the young guys who have better run blockers.

Quote:
4. CB-Flowers is probably the best corner among the teams. But Denver has a lot more depth imo at the position then KC after that.
Champ is Champ, but the depth isn't as deep as KC. Jalil Brown (another guy who stood out) is a good contributor, as is Javier Arenas who's been very solid in the slot. Add veterans Travis Daniels and Stanford Routt along with Menzie (who some Bama fans actually thought was as good as Kirkpatrick at times) and I think we have more depth. You guys have the best overall guy, but depth? I'm not so sure.

Quote:
5. Safety-This is the one position where I don't think it's even remotely debatable--KC is way better here.
Agreed.

Quote:
6. Front 7-Denver has two very good pass rushers. KC looks to have two as well. Denver had 12 more sacks last season and 14 more tackles for loss. Is KC going to be considerably better next year? Denver considerably worse?
I agree for the most part. It really depends on Poe and Wolfe. Push IMO.

Quote:
KC has a great 3-4 Middle Linebacker, one of the best in the business and Denver took a big loss in losing Bunkley on defense. DT is a bit of a concern for the Broncos... but based on last year, Denver gave up less yards per carry then KC.
I agree. Losing Bunkley is really going to hurt. He did a very good job for you guys last year. Why not keep him?

Quote:
Are the Chiefs going to do better with an unpolished rookie likely starting at NT?

My main point in all of this is that the notion that KC is considerably better at most positions is really not based in reality. They have a good team, and if Bowe signs and Charles is the exception to the rule--KC's offense should be more talented then Denver's (outside of the QB position). But we don't know what will happen there.
I don't believe KC is "considerably" better at any position except for Safety.

Too many questions, but I think KC will be a better blocking and run defending team next season.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote