View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #87
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
That's not narrowed down more -- those numbers include intentional acts of violence between spouses.

And they are also skewed by only counting the killing of an invader. They do not include successful brandishment in all situations that a gun owner might encounter.

It's just a fact -- there are a tiny, tiny number of accidental killings with guns every year. And the vast majority of those involve complete stupidity in the handling or storage of the gun.

So that statement is misleading in that it's designed to make a person feel like they are opening a can of worms they don't control, and inviting a likely fate accidental killing.
No, not at all. Most of the gun related deaths are not accidents. They are on purpose. Usually this is an in the moment rage reaction, usually drug or alcohol related. But if there would not have been a gun in the house a homicide would not have been commited.

I'm not saying people should not own guns, but I think everyone needs to look at their situation and their OWN temperment. AND If I had a little kid in the house I would not have a loaded gun oin their for protection. It is too easy for them to get to it. Hell, If I ould have a had a loaded gun in my house me or my wife would probably be dead now.