View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #822
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by drail 24 48 View Post
Anyone mind PM or putting in spoiler text what they messed up with Snow/Half-Hand. Also any quick text of what was skipped in the House of the Undying. Just curious and get so easily spoiled going to GOT wiki pages. When I finally get time I will most sure read these books.
Dany's whole storyline is pretty butchered in this season.

SPOILER: (

She doesn't go directly to Qarth after crossing the Red wastes, the "13" are just a merchant guild, not the leadership, of Qarth. Her Dragons are never stolen (in the books she refuses to trade one of her dragons for the fleet she wants) and her handmaidens don't betray her. Also Xaro was a skinny, pale homosexual not a summer islander, and Dany runs around half naked most of the time (Qarth fashion was to expose one breast). In the books she goes to the House of the Undying to seek council from the warlocks.

However, the real head scratcher is that omitted the fact that she is given three prophecies: she must light three fires, for life, for death, to love; ride three mounts, to bed, to dread, to love; and know three treasons, for blood, for gold, for love. Dan't really claim there was a budget problem so I have no idea why they omitted -- probably simply because people won't remember long enough?

They also cut what happens directly after during her escape, but that's probably just moved to S3 as it (re)introduces new long term characters.
)
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote