Thread: tebow sucks
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #392
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncjmirabile View Post
I tend to agree with you. Correct me if I am wrong but if I remember the first SD game right, they had Tebow in the same offense that Orton had been running and Tebow struggled initially until they started calling more zone read option plays and the zone read plays is what started to get the offense rolling.
There was no zone read in the chargers game.. yeah it took Tebow time to get going but he got in a great rhythm with Lloyd.

The reason Tebow and Orton struggled in Fox's O was because it was so predictable and slow paced. ANYONE would struggle in that O without great runners in the offense.

The Oline was terrible without Tebow running too. That is the real reason "Tebow was screwed" as Fox said. This is why I think Peyton was a moron to go to Denver. he's going to get KILLED behind that line.

Fox honestly didn't want the offense to be successful though.. having no offense helped his D tremendously.. when Tebow scored quickly the Broncos D completely collapsed.

This is also why Cam is so overrated in Carolina.. the offense in Carolina looked so bad the season before Cam for the same reason - Fox was always protecting his D and making the O look bad.

Last edited by MacGruder; 05-25-2012 at 02:40 PM..