View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 08:01 AM   #277
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
More of this same ****?

Do you ever even try to make legitimate arguments? Do you understand the point of debate? Point v. counter-point rational discussion of an issue? Or do you just view the entire world as your own personal audience to rant your obtuse views on everything at, and when it comes to Tim Tebow this forum is your megaphone of choice?

Sure as **** feels like the later.
My argument: Tim Tebow would be the best fullback in league history -- RIGHT NOW -- if he switched positions.

My argument: The combination of needing to change the offense to a 1920s version and his insane fanbase means having Tebow at backup is not the great thing that you make it out to be.

My argument: That if the Jets were really serious about having Tim be a legitimate backup QB, they wouldn't have him in harm's way blocking on punts.

I don't think he's a legitimate NFL QB. I just don't. That's what's called "an opinion." You think he's destined for greatness, I'd rather not wait around to see if the long shot comes true.

And while Caleb Hanie is nobody's idea of a great backup, he'll do in the short term while the circus moves out of town. What's more, he's actually performed in a throw-first offense. And on top of all that, I don't think Hanie is going to be the number 2 going into the season.

And yeah, I was personally tired of the Tebow circus. Here, in the stadium, in the papers, everywhere, for a guy who quite simply isn't all that good at the position he's chosen to play. He could get better, sure, I just think it's far from a sure thing.