View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #283
eff1ngham

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Don't you think its really time for Apodaca to go?
For as much respect as I had for him for what he did earlier, I think it's time for him to go. Dead last in ERA, only 15 quality starts, most ER, worst average against, most wild pitches, etc. Granted our staff as a whole sucks, but even the promising guys like Brothers, Pomeranz, etc have struggled lately. I just don't think he's getting the job done. And I don't trust that our pitching coaches in general can help develop guys like Metzak, Chatwood, White, Friedrich into legit starters.

Another big problem IMO is that Cuddyer, Scutero and Hernandez have been lackluster so far. I'm glad Hernandez is here to help Rosario, but those three were not only brought in to help on offense (and our offense is pretty decent so far in counting stats) but to provide a veteran presence. I don't have the stats, but it seems like our batting average with runners in scoring position is terrible, and we are near the bottom in terms of getting runners in scoring position. Yeah we're not striking out, but I don't see that many "professional" at bats where we're moving runners, not getting empty at bats, etc.

It's been a disappointing year for the Rockies, can't wait for football to get here so I have something to look forward to....