View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #279
milehighJC
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I don't know what Tracy is expected to do when his pitchers regularly can't even get into the 6th inning. The offense is fine, the pitching is as bad, if not worse, than what it was before the humidor.
QFT.

One of the problems I sturggle with is that I cant see any way to improve this team in the short term. I agree... not sure what Tracy can do when the pitching is as bad as it is right now, but as the manager, he has to do better than postgame interviews repeating his mantra about having to be "patient". When he says that (and he says it often), the translation I hear "I havent a clue what to do except wait it out". Unfortunately, insanity is defined as doing the same things over and over and expecting the results to change. I dont get paid to manage an MLB club, he does, and he has to do better.

I believe this team is underperforming, especially on defense. The pitching is bad, but for crying out loud, when they are near the bottom of the league in errors (31 so far), its kinda hard to get out of an inning even when the pitcher DOES induce a ground ball. Tulo with 7 errors is mind bending to me.

I think the real root cause of the problem lies higher in the management chain than Tracy, but Tracy should be able to do better than dead last in the West even with the team he has.

my $.02...

jc
milehighJC is offline   Reply With Quote