View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #128
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Is it possible both the safety play and Goodman's play was pathetic? I don't seem to recall his being very good at any time during his career. He averages about 2 interceptions a year. I'm not under any delusion that Porter will be much upgrade from him if at all, but Goodman's not that great to begin with.
I completely agree with you. The point I am trying to make is that there are only 4 new starters on the Defense, to go from 25th in points, to top 10 (this year) is going to be tough. But who knows?

1. Goodman -> Porter (minor upgrade)
2. Dawkins -> Adams (minor upgrade pass defense, minor downgrade in run defense)
3. Bunkley -> Bannan (major downgrade in run defense)
4. Thomas/McBean -> Wolfe (upgrade in both pass and run defense)

To me, it looks like the Defense has potentially upgraded at pass defense and potentially downgraded in run defense. Hopefully, with the offseason additions, we can crack the top 5 in sacks, and significantly improve on INT's from 31st.

Is this a top 10 Defense? That would be a stretch. Middle of the pack would be a major improvement from last year, and with the addition of Peyton Manning, could put us in a position to compete for a Superbowl.

Last edited by pricejj; 05-21-2012 at 09:40 AM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote