View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #5
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I'll admit, this is one of the hardest ones of all. We've always tried to give a little bit of leeway on this, but you give an inch and people take a mile. Then they start demanding "what's ok, what's ok, what's ok?" It's like, "don't bust our balls! Use your head, don't be an idiot!"

Life would be simpler if we just banned racy images outright... But also a lot more dry. I figure people should use their heads on both sides. Turn off avatars if you're at work, and keep the images within reason if you have to express yourself with a racy image. If it becomes too much of a headache to moderate, we'll just do away with them. But I'm confident we can strike a happy medium as a community.
FYI to anyone that cares, blacklisting software like AdBlock, etc. can be used to screen out images whether or not you are logged in or not, the board software currently serves all avatar images from:

orangemane.com/BB/image.php?*

Applying a blacklist rule to that URL pattern lets you "turn off" avatars no matter if you are logged in or not, though it doesn't affect UI images (smilies, thread status images, branding images, etc.) or images embedded in posts.

Last edited by Fedaykin; 05-10-2012 at 12:49 AM..
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote