Old 07-14-2004, 05:53 PM   #203
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenrude
Jimmy Buffett's new album - License to Chill (Yeah I know it's a cheesy take on the old Beastie Boys title). I'm a little disappointed with his recent country sellout, and part of this album continues that pattern, but with all Buffett albums there is still enough great material to make it worth while. Some tracks that stick out: Coast of Carolina - classic mellow Buffett tune, great with a hammock and a little salt and lime. Playin' the Loser Again - Duet with Bill Withers (Lean on Me). Coastal Confessions - Very catchy like vintage Buffett. The best song on the Album IMO is his remake of the Deads' Scarlet Begonias- freakin' awesome.
The country thing bothered me as well....Its "5 O'Clock Somewhere" is nearly ruined by that remake IMO.

I'd still love to see Buffett though...especially in a beach enviroment...I think it would be a lotta fun to take in his music in the proper setting like that. Buffett, beach, booze, babes...it just wouldn't get any better than that

As to what I'm listening to now...it's CD's by The Gun Club and Yo La Tengo...I'd list them, but nobody would know what they were anyway, so I won't bother.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote