View Single Post
Old 07-14-2004, 03:40 PM   #82
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

Tunnel vision, what in the holy hell are you talking about? Read my 1st post on this thread , I said Manning and Brady are 1 and 2 in my opinion. So now if you call team mates out for not performing you're an ass? Where does this leave Rod Smith? Rod does it every year but it doesn't make him a bad guy, does it?(BTW, I love Rod so let's not even start that)

As far as using playoff numbers to make a case for him not being a top flight QB, that's not entirely fair either. Pretend it's '92 and we're having this discussion. Elway's SB numbers back then were a less than stellar 46 for 101 663 Yds 2 TD's 6 INT's yet no one would argue that he was among the very best QB's in the game, despite subpar SB numbers.

IMO, the only crime committed here is he said it out loud. If you don't think Jerry Rice doesn't believe he's the greatest reciever in history hands down you're fooling yourself. He's just a little more PC when he does interviews. If Rice would speak honestly and candidly on the record, he'd tell you the truth. Manning has no history of being a cancer in the locker room or a coach killer but everyone is on his back for believing in himself?

What about Hassleback in the playoffs last year announcing to the world during the OT coin flip that the 'Hawks were going to win? No backlash there, and I saw no torches and pitchforks heading up I-5 towards Seattle. That kind of stuff doesn't bother me at all. Chad Johnson guaranteeing a win vs. the Chefs? No biggie, if he was wrong they weren't supposed to win anyway. Even Quitterson promising to put something on our azz last year isn't a big deal to me. Didn't happen and made him look even more clownish than usual.

If I had truly had Tunnel vision, I'd be trying to convince you that Jake is the best wouldn't I? I'm not a Colts fan but I am impressed with how he plays the game. He kicked the living poop out of us in the playoffs and had a good time doing it. I'm not even trying to make a case for him being the best, I'm saying as one of the best he should be afforded the right to speak honestly about what he feels.

Ron
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote