View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #157
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

I like Brandon Inge and really respect the fact that he is the most tenured Tiger and was with them when they absolutely stunk and was part of the rebuilding process.

I also love his versatility in the field....dude can basically play every position in the field, including catcher.

All that said, it's the same deal as last year....Inge has to start hitting the ball to stay with the team.

In previous years, you could put up with a .230 or .240 average with some pop in the bat and a little flair for the dramatic and a very good glove at 3rd base.

Last year they had to send him down to Toledo because he looked completely lost at the plate. They brought him up at the end of the season and he improved a little bit, but still ended up batting .197 on the year.

This year, he is getting the chance to fill the void at second base and has looked good with the glove....but he is hitting even worse this year.------.063 (albeit with a small sample size to start the season).

It would be sweet if he could be his old .240/17 HR/70 RBI season self at 2nd base, where that is good enough output.

That said....dude has been lost at the plate the last 2 years and needs to get it going pretty damn quick.

I would love to see him be able to stick around and be a part of a World Series winning team in Detroit.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote